1. WHY AERATION & OVERSEEDING ARE GOOD
- Aeration is great for the lawn
- Promotes oxygen to the root zone
- Breaks up the thatch layer for increased nutrient and water exchange
- Relieves compacted soils
- Over-seeding introduces new grass varieties to the lawn
- Thickens yard to crowd out weeds and help control
2. WHEN TO AERATE & OVERSEED
- September has historically had great grass growing temps
- When grass is gathering momentum into the fall growing season
3. HOW TO AERATE & OVERSEED
- We use a piece of equipment called a core-aerator
- Machine manually pulls cores from the soil
- We then overseed the lawn heavily followed by fertilizing
Whether we have a tough year with drought, significant amount of rain, or a normal season we recommend aeration and overseeding. This maintenance practice should be Incorporated into all lawn care programs to lessen the need for chemical interference by continuing to thicken up the lawn to crowd out weeds.
A thick healthy lawn is the best defense against pests, disease and weeds.